A sunbleached kina shell fragment set on a hand sculpted clay setting that has been speckled with New Zealand beach sand. Accented with gold/silver flakes on the back. Hangs on a fine delicate sterling silver chain necklace.
WEAR & SHARE YOUR STORY
– Kina is an endemic (indigenous) sea urchin that can be found along the coasts of New Zealand. This kina necklace symbolises all of what it means to live on this beautiful island. Would make for a great keepsake to remind anyone with fondness and joy for all things Kiwiana!
– Wabi-sabi is the Japanese aesthetic of celebrating imperfection; the acceptance of the cycle of growth, decay and aged beauty. A broken fragment from the kina shell symbolises your perfectly imperfect life.
– Kina is known for its prickly spikes, once come off, reveal the beautiful textured patten that lays beneath.
– shell height: approx 10-14mm
– chain metal: 45cm or 50cm, sterling silver
– packaging: charcoal black cardboard box
Kina shell found and collected from one of the beaches of the Bay of Islands, New Zealand
We work with natural elements to create pieces that are one-of-a kind. What you receive may not look exactly the same as what is pictured, but each piece will share your individuality and uniqueness!